FIXED INCOME DERIVATIVES WORKSHOP
Date: 10-12, April 2019 (3 Days)
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm daily
Cost: N682,500.00 per participant (Residential)
Venue: Eko Hotels & Suites, Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
This course demystifies the terminology and ensures a full understanding of the concepts behind derivatives. It also fosters an understanding of the instruments used and the potential risks involved. Includes futures, forwards, options and swaps. It will introduce participants to essential areas in derivatives from both theoretical and practical perspective. It will aim to provide an insight and understanding of the fundamental principles behind the pricing, trading and the structure of derivatives markets. The course will equip participants with good analytical skills in order to be able to incorporate derivatives into treasury management in order to use them for hedging purposes via the application of different derivatives strategies and structures.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
- Be able to summarise products and their inter-relationship.
- Have a clear understanding of the different types of Futures, Forwards and Swaps.
- Have a basic understanding of the different Options Products and their terminologies.
- Develop their knowledge on how and why Treasury use these products.
- Understand the Risk and Regulatory implications involved with using these instruments.
The following delegates will find the workshop beneficial:
• Treasurers • Fixed Income Dealers
• Regulators • Money Market Dealers
• Corporate Dealers • Foreign Exchange Dealers
• Internal Auditors • Credit & Risk Managers
• Settlement Officers • Compliance Officers
Content Provider, Author & Presenter
Billy Viljoen is the CEO of Forenex Consulting, a Business Management Consulting and Advisory firm that specializes in Treasury Risk Management.
He has a solid background of 18 years spent in banking and the financial markets both in South Africa and New York, and servicing clients across the globe, culminated in a wealth of knowledge and experience that can directly be applied to the day to day operations of a business.
He is an expert in analysing existing operations, identifying key risks and growth areas, implementing effective systems, strategies and processes to improve organizational performance.
He has extensive business management and financial markets experience and obtained unparalleled dynamic hedging expertise as a corporate client advisor and derivative structurer to clients located across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
For further information/Registration, please call Chris or Temitope on 234-1-2700427-9, 2701282.