(i) Corporate Membership
- Corporate membership is open to all corporations cutting across sectorial lines viz: Banking and Finance, Non-bank financial institutions (who are involved in the Naira, foreign exchange and or Government securities trading) as well as multinationals with minimum turn-over of N10billion.
- Here, prospective members are required to fill-out and submit Membership Application Forms with a cover application letter to the secretariat.
- Upon receipt, the application is circulated to all existing members for consent or objection as the case may be, within two weeks.
- Should there be any objection to the admission; the reasons shall be brought before the membership committee for their decision.
- Should there be no objection, the organization will be required to make some relevant payments to confirm its admission.
How to be a member
Prospective Corporate member is expected to forward with an official seal of the organization on the application letter accompanied with the following documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- List of Bankers
- Reference letter from at least one of Bankers confirming company as its customer
- Approval from the Regulators for Trading/Investment Activities
- Corporate Brochure
- A non refundable cheque or draft of N100,000.00 only (one hundred thousand naira) being application fee in favour of Financial Markets Dealers Association
(ii) Individual Membership
The individual membership of the Association consists of:
- Associate Member
- Treasury Staff with 1 to 5 years experience in Treasury related functions
- TDC/TMC/ACI Certificate or FMDA Exemption Certificate (Basic Level)
- Annual Membership Fee: N15,000
N.B: Any person that is an Associate Member is entitled (so long as he remains an Associate Member) to use with his/her name the designatory initials “AMFM” adopted.
- Treasury Staff with above 5 to 9 years experience in Treasury related functions
- TDC/TMC/ACI Certificate or FMDA Exemption Certificate (Intermediate Level)
- Annual Membership Fee: N30,000.00
N.B: Any person that is a Member is (so long as he remains a member) entitled to use with his/her name, the designatory initials “MFM”.
- Treasury Staff with 10 years or above experience in Treasury related functions
- TDC/ACI , TMC Certificate or FMDA Exemption Certificate (Advance Level)
- Annual Membership Fee: N50,000.00
N.B: Any person that is a Fellow is (so long as he remains a member) entitled to use with his/her name, the designatory initials “FFM”.
- A copy of completed Individual Membership Registration Form
- One copy of:
o Comprehensive CV stating current and all previous job(s) history
o Treasury Certifications/Exemption Certificate and any other Professional Certifications
o 1 passport photo
- Draft for Membership Annual due