L – R shows Mr. Ade Bajomo, Executive Director, Market Operations and Technology, The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE); Mrs. Mary Gbegbaje, Ag. Executive Secretary, Financial Markets Dealers Association of Nigeria (FMDA); Oscar N. Onyema, OON, Chief Executive Officer, NSE; Mr. Samuel Ocheho, President, FMDA; Mrs. Adetoun Dosunmu, Vice-President, FMDA; Mr. Akinyemi Oluwadare, Member, Governing Council, FMDA and Haruna Jalo-Waziri, Executive Director, Capital Markets, NSE at the Closing Gong Ceremony at the Exchange on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 in Lagos.
- NDIC seeks to bar bank directors from accessing loans August 19, 2017The recommendation by the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) that directors of licensed deposit money banks and other financial institutions be barred from accessing loans from institutions they sit on as directors has been welcomed by analysts and stakeholders in the industry. The NDIC is also seeking to bar bank directors from sitting on the […]
- Forex turnover jumps to $265.59m at investors window August 18, 2017The foreign exchange daily turnover on Thursday jumped to $265.59 million from $93.21 million recorded the previous day at the investors and exporters window. Dealers attributed the rise to increased dollar inflows from offshore fund managers investing in the domestic equity market. Data from FMDQ show that naira depreciated by N1.48k to close at N36117k per dollar […]
- NSE gradually recovers form three-day loss as investors gain N73.828bn August 17, 2017The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on Thursday, recovered from a three-day downturn to record gains on investments as value of stocks lead to 0.59 percent growth in the market benchmark indicator, the All Share Index (ASI). The ASI which has lost 5.80 percent over the last three (3) days stepped into the positive zone on Thursday. Analysts […]
- Forex turnover declines at investors window August 17, 2017The foreign exchange daily turnover declined by 20.58 percent to $93.21 million on Wednesday from $117.36 million recorded on Monday at the investors and exporters window. The data obtained from FMDQ show that naira gained N2.68k to close at N359.69k per dollar compared to N362.37k traded the previous day at the window. Naira also strengthened at the Nigerian Autonomous […]
- NSE on third day decline as All Share Index sheds 2.68% August 16, 2017Trading closed Wednesday on the Nigerian stock market with yet another decline in the market benchmark indicator- All Share Index (ASI). The ASI dipped by 2.68percent, that represents 994.22 points, to close at 36,102.38 points against 337,096.60 points on Tuesday as the market responds to profit taking. Sewa Wusu of Sterling Capital believes that the negative trend is due to […]
- Microfinance banks grant N214.32bn in 2016 – Association August 16, 2017The newly elected President of the National Association of Microfinance Banks (NAMB), Mr Rogers Nwoke, on Tuesday said microfinance banks in the country granted N214.32 billion as at December 31, 2016. He said the association would ensure Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) access sufficient fund for growth. Nwoke stated in Lagos that the figure […]